50 Years and Beyond

With the many technological advances that have occurred throughout the history of game art, the field continues to grow more technologically advanced. Back when I was a child there were consoles and handhelds that lacked the capacity the run realistic open world games and art was being completed traditionally. Nowadays everything is being created through digital software. In the next 50 years or so I see the field of game art changing into a virtual world. One advancement that I've noticed is the use of VR/ Oculus headsets to model and sculpt characters, environments, and props. The use of 3D painting and modeling through the use of VR is a fairly new concept and thats just the beginning of what technological advances are to come.

I haven't really put much thought into the future. I want to be able to work for a few game studios to gain experience and then later on start my own game studio. But if I had to really think about it I would say I see myself somewhere north.Most of my traveling would be completed and I would have settled down in a quite place with my wife and guitar. Nothing but my love on my side and my guitar on my back as I push my children forward.

If I was to go back to my twenty year old self I would say not to let anyone hold you back from your achievements. Work will always be there but the people love won't. So put in the effort to spend time with them because you never know how much time you have left. And don't miss out on college because you're afraid. Enjoy every waking moment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buttons are the Window to the Soul